Thursday, February 16, 2012

Writers We Were Before the Season

I sat still with a blanket and a warm cup of coffee with a frothy mix of cream, cinnamon and nutmeg for a rainy day full of prose and naps. Holding the oversized cup in both hands, I peered out my windowsill as the pat-pat of rain tapped out my thoughts. Everything was quiet and inactive. No birds sang or perched upon a pre-spring limb. The time before a budding ...season was perfect for reflection and appreciation. How thankful I was to have a warm house and time to be a writer. I thought of how I could couch this moment in words so other people could share my peace. And for one simple moment, we became artists and knights and journeyman, asking the questions and penning the answers. We had so much to give and so much to learn. We took it all in on a spring-like winter day.



DD

No comments:

Post a Comment