Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rantings of a Newbie

I want to thank all of you for your advice and thoughts as I continue along this journey of going gluten and dairy free. It’s been a learning experience. I will not let myself get bummed about it, because I know the benefits outweigh the losses.

There must have been some gluten or dairy in the Pad Thai yesterday. I felt groggy waking up and went back to bed for an hour. It seems on gluten days my motivation goes down as well. Yesterday I was in the best mood but today I am not really motivated to tackle my “to do” list. Do you find this happens to you as well?

I took some Gluten-Ease” yesterday and plan to take another at lunch. When I gave up everything on the elimination diet trying to figure out what was wrong with me, I also gave up sodas. I never really drank a lot of them anyway. I would go years without drinking one except for the occasional fast food binge. But as I was getting groggier and groggier I would reach for one to cut the brain fog. It does help some. Maybe it is the acid in the soda. I am tempted to run to 7-11 and buy one.

I am not sure where the gluten or dairy was in my meal yesterday. It could have been in the spring roll though he told me it was a rice wrapper. It could have been that the shrimp was cooked in butter. Maybe I should start carrying around those gluten and dairy free cards. Do any of you have those?

No comments:

Post a Comment