Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Very Productive Day

This is the best day I’ve had in a long time productivity wise! Limiting time on the computer has really helped. I vowed that I would not open my browser until lunch and not again till after 5. I only have five things left on my list. All the hard stuff is out of the way. I need to do push-ups, throw the ball for the dogs, meditate and pack! That’s it! I’ve managed to run on the boardwalk, shower, do two loads of laundry, vacuum, clean kitchen, clean bathrooms, practice voice, send out resumes, file my weekly job search with VEC, get more boxes and that’s about it! I am going to make that rule from here on out. I find that once I start looking on the Internet, one thing leads to another. I’ll Google, looks at books, blogs, insidecarolina.com, you name it. I did allow myself to check Outlook but I did not respond to any listservs or read any newsletters. I responded to two girlfriends about lunch plans tomorrow.

It’s a wonderful day with the breeze blowing through the open windows. I have XM playing club dance music now. I have 10 pre-sets for mellow music and 10 pre-sets for more upbeat music. I listen to mellow before 10 and upbeat after 10. I change the channel each day depending on the day of the month. Since today is the 28th, I am listening to my 8th pre-set which is dance music. Is this anal? LOL!

Okay, it’s 2:30. The dogs tore up one of my Abraham-Hicks quote that was sitting on the printer. I have a few more things to do to finish my list. I had really hoped to ride my bike down to the oceanfront Mahi-Mah’s and get some 35 cent oysters and wash them down with a cool glass of Sauvignon Blanc. I would like to do that before I leave. Maybe I can either Thursday or Saturday. Until then, I’ll just dream about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment